We have got smart TVs which can get connected to our home WiFi and stream content right from the internet. However, even if your TV is not a smart TV you can still stream online videos with Chromecast.
But Chromecast doesn’t provide a direct way to stream your local content to your device on the TV. If you want to stream all you downloaded or local media on your TV and want to watch them on the large screen then we have a good news for you.
There is a free application which lets you stream local content on TV via Chromecast and that application is Videostream. Videostream has made it quite easy to watch all your local videos on TV via Chromecast. Today we will explore details about Videostream, how it can be used, how is it different, what are its features, pros & cons of using Videostream by Chromecast.
Here is the complete method to use Videostream for Chromecast to stream local files of your device to your TV. It only takes few steps to set up Videostream and stream your local content on the TV. In fact, it doesn’t require you to setup anything just a few steps and you will be watching your favorite movies, videos from the mobile phone on the big screen. So, here we go…
- First of all, you need to download the Videostream application on your system and from where you want to stream the files. The application is available free of cost and you can get it for Windows and iOS devices. So, choose the application to download according to your device.
- Now simply run the application file that you downloaded in order to install it on your computer.
- After the application is successfully installed, you need to launch it and it will redirect you to Chrome where you have to select the files you need to stream.
It displays all the drives on your computer and lets you use the desired file. Choose the video, click on it and then hit the Select button.
- Next step is to select your Chromecast through which you want to stream the video and select it from the available option. It scans the Chromecast automatically and provides options to select it.
- That’s all you need to do and the video will start streaming on the TV.
Videostream application is available for Android phones too. If you don’t want to sit by the computer then you can use your Android phone as the Videostream remote using which you can stream any video present on your computer from the Android directly. Follow the below steps for the same:
- First, search Videostream Chromecast on Play Store and then install it on your device.
- Now, launch the application and it will start scanning Videostream on your computer. So, it is necessary to install Videostream on your computer first. Once it detects Videostream on your PC, simply tap the Let’s Go button.
- Next thing to do is to pair the Videostream on your Android with your computer so that it can scan all the video files available on the PC.
- It will show a popup window on your computer and you have to accept the request to pair the computer.
- Once paired successfully, it will ask you to choose a folder where all your video files are stored so that it can reflect the folder and its whole content on your Android phone. So, select the folder and click the Done button.
- After that, all the media files contained in that folder will be displayed on your Android too. You can now select any video that you want to stream and Videostream will scan the Chromecast to connect with and stream the video on your TV. You can control the video right from your phone or change it and play another video. Totally up to you.
So, these were the steps with which you can use Videostream Chromecast. Now lets us discuss some pros and cons of Videostream.
Pros Of Videostream
Simple And Easy To Use
Videostream is a simple and very easy to use application. The best thing is that you don’t need to set up anything. Install the application, launch it and then select the video you want to stream on the TV via Chromecast.
Compared to PC sharing, Videostream is quite reliable and stable for streaming the media on other devices.
Multiple Video Formats Supported
Though Videostream only streams videos in MP4 format, you can watch videos files of other formats too. It converts the formats to MP4 and the streams it via Chromecast on your TV.
Android Remote Control
Videostream gives you the luxury to use your Android as a remote control using the Videostream Android app. You won’t have to sit by your computer to change the videos.
Cons Of Videostream
- The free version is available but the playlist is not the option in the free version of Videostream. If you want to create the playlist then paid version is available too.
- You can’t stream photos using Videostream via Chromecast on your TV.
Videostream has made streaming the local videos via Chromecast on the larger screen pretty easier. The setup, interface, features are easy to use. Most important it is totally free to use. But if you regularly stream videos from your computer to the TV then you should get the premium version so that you can create your playlist. So, try Videostream for Chromecast by yourself and share your experience with us.